Do you dream of staying in your own home as long as possible but need some help to make that dream a reality? If you want to stay in your own home as you get older, but need some help with things like cleaning and preparing meals, or with transport so you can go shopping or attend appointments, a Home Care Package may help you.
Here is the information that can help you decide if a Home Care Package is suitable for you:
Are you an older person who needs some help to stay in your own home?
• Are you struggling with some aspects of living at home, but you're still able to manage most of the time?
• Do you think if you don't get some help at home, you might have to go into an aged care home before you're ready?
Far North Coast
Individuals and their carers/family, organisations.
Contact St Carthage's directly on 02 6620 0000
If you take up a Home Care Package you will pay:
• a basic fee of up to 17.5% of the single basic Age Pension
• an income-tested care fee if your income is over a certain amount.
For a copy of Cost Schedule please click here
Clients in receipt of a package have a St Carthage's representative who works collaboratively with you and your advocate to identify your individual goals. Once your goals are identified, we will support you to choose what services and goods are required to achieve your goals. Clients are encouraged to consider a wellness and re-ablement approach when planning their package. Historically services provided included:
• personal care services – assistance with showering or bathing, dressing
• Domestic services – assistance with washing and ironing, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, home modifications related to your care goals/needs
• transport to assist you to shop, visit your doctor or attend social activities
• Clinical care – nursing and other health support including physiotherapy (exercise, mobility, strength and balance), services of a dietitian (nutrition assessment, food and nutrition advice, dietary changes) and hearing and vision services.
• Continence Aids – pads, toileting aids
Following 1July 2015, with the implementation of your individual budget, home care packages will be delivered on a CDC basis. Your St Carthages representative can assist you to administer your budget, ensuring you have choice and control to choose your goods and services as well as who will deliver those services.
Goals: - A Home Care Package will provide you with the assistance and support you need to achieve your goals and meet your needs.
Eden Aspect:- Through your Home Care package, St Carthage's can assist you to have the opportunities to alleviate loneliness, helplessness and boredom and do the things that are meaningful to you.
Assessment: – All clients must be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team who will determine what level of package you require to support you to stay in your home. A member of our team will then arrange to meet with you to discuss your needs and goals and determined how we can assist you to meet them.
Who has priority – There is no priority system in place for packaged care